Scented products contain natural and artificial components which can cause serious health problems for:
- People who suffer from asthma, allergies, migraines, environmental illness, and other sensitivities, and
- Patients undergoing medical/surgical treatment, taking medication or those who have weakened immune systems.
The Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre endeavours to create and maintain a healthy and safe environment for everyone who enters.
- Employees, physicians, volunteers, and students should avoid the use of perfumes, colognes, and all other scented personal products (e.g., scented after-shave products, scented hair products, scented skin and body lotions, etc.) while at work.
- Potpourri, air fresheners, candles, diffusers, and other scented room products should not be used at the Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre.
- Everyone should use products that are scent- and fragrance-free, where
- Everyone at the Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre is asked to support this
- Concerns regarding these guidelines and/or scents and fragrances in the workplace are to be directed to your immediate supervisor or to Occupational Health and Safety (room 1136, extension 42350).